|Ad Product||Dimensions||Ad Expand Direction & Area||File Size||Format|
|300x250 (Medium Rectangle)||300x250||NA||HTML5: Initial-200k, Polite-2mb;
Other: Initial-40k, Polite-100k
|HTML5 (Third Party Only), GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF (not recommended), Third Party;Rich Media: Third Party Only|
|300x600||300x600||Left500x600||HTML5: Initial-200k, Polite-2mb;|
Other: Initial-60k, Polite-110k
|88x31 (Logo)||88x31||20k||GIF, JPG, PNG
No Rich Media
- As of January 1st, 2017 all assets are required to be Secure.
- All Standard/Rich Media ad products listed above support:
3rd Party 1x1 impression tracking (Not including Newsletter Ad Placements)
3rd Party click tracking via click command URLs
- 24 Frames Per Second (FPS)
- Tags must visually load/render on page within 2.0 seconds (Max)
- Any expandable portion of the ad must contain a clearly visible 20x30 [x] CLOSE or SKIP button that allows the user to stop the animation and close the expanding element immediately.
- "Same in-Same out" Expansion on mouse-over requires collapse on mouse-off. Expansion on click requires click to collapse.
- Max number of panels: (4)
- Expandable ad panels can at no time cover, impede or otherwise obscure site logo, or other in-page ad spaces (same advertiser exceptions permitted)
- All audio must be user-initiated on click
- Video can be host initiated. May only download/stream 2mb maximum politely. Maximum in-banner video duration is :30 seconds
- Must contain stop, pause, play and audio control buttons
- All ad units must have a 1 pixel border surrounding entire creative with white and transparent backgrounds.
- All Third Party Tags must have backup files (gif, jpg or png).
- If site served flash files (not recommended), backup files (gif,jpg or png) are mandatory.
HTML5 is accepted by Meredith and will work correctly within HTML5 enabled browsers and environments. HTML5 Third Party tags are required. If users have the latest versions of Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, or Firefox, their browser is already capable of handling most code written in HTML5. If a user's browser is not updated, backup images will display instead of the HTML5 creative. HTML5 creative should follow the same advertising specifications as other Standard and Rich Media creative developed for each site, but can carry a heavier weight size specified above. As with other rich media, HTML5 will require testing and approval 10 business days prior to launch.
- In order to expand any ads on Fortune.com, please update only styles that you create. Updating any Fortune.com styles or CSS will create adverse effects. Style updates like below should be avoided:
- When positioning an ad as an “absolute” position, it must be relative to the container that you create that is rendering the ad.
- When using Flash ads, please set “wmode” to “opaque”. This is to account for when a user is scrolling in the left rail, the ad will go under the menu bar (that lives on top of the left rail) instead of covering it.
All Time Inc. Digital properties which distribute newsletters adhere to the same general ad product specifications - although specific ad size may vary.
- 300x250 .jpg/.gif
- Active clickthrough URL/click command must accompany submission of static creative files