Virtual Proofing Guide
Please find below a step-by-step guide to supply a file that was proofed using a Virtual Proofing system.
Download the Time Inc. - Advertiser Kit.
Included in the kit you will find the file Time Inc. - Virtual Proofing Slug.eps, as shown below.
Place the Virtual Proofing Slug outside the live area of your file and supply the following information:
- Identify Virtual Proofing system
- Identify SWOP Profile
See below for an example of VP Slug positioning and required information.
- For KPG Matchprint Virtual systems, use US Web SWOP profile
- For ICS Remote Director systems, use ICS SWOP 2004 profile
After you have entered the above information, you can now save the file as PDF/X-1a format.
Prior to submitting your file, prepare to proof the file on a Virtual Proofing system
- Ensure Virtual Proof system is calibrated
- Ensure usage of SWOP profile only, as indicated on VP Slug
- Ensure consistency of content between original and Virtual Proof
- If necessary, obtain all necessary internal approvals
The file may now be sent to the publication
- Send only the original PDF/X-1a file
- DO NOT SEND the rastered file from your internal VP System
- DO NOT SEND hard proof
If the file is intended for a Time Inc. publication, use the Time Inc. Ad Portal
- Select the title from the list above.
- Click on the Ad Portal Guide tab.
- First time users will register their information and download the Ad Portal client.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions in the Ad Portal Guide to send your file to Time Inc.